Friday, December 23, 2016

My Little Helper

I've written before about how Gemma likes to help take care of Nimo, in addition to riding him.  She especially enjoys helping me mix up his feed bags, and she's getting amazingly accurate these days.

Look mom, I totally know how much of this feed to put in the bag!
I can do it, Mom!  I don't need your help!
All things must have sticker on them, even Nimo's feed bags!
Tonight was no exception, and she helped me make up the feed bags.  Unfortunately, we had a very busy day today with lots of excitement (there is possibly a fish living at our house now...) and we didn't get out to the barn until late, so she fell asleep on the way out and didn't get a chance to supervise me to make sure I put the feed bags in the right place and gave Nimo the right hay.  The barn cats probably also missed her affection a little, but hopefully they'll cope until the next time she comes out:)

One very tired little girl!
Sometimes I admit to just wanting to take care of Nimo myself, but mostly it is really cool to see how Gemma is getting more and more capable.  If I plan things right, I may actually end up with a personal assistant out at the barn!:)

7 comments:

  1. And besides all of that helpfulness, she is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest dream was that my daughter would catch pony fever........ now she's about to be 24, lives many miles away, & hasn't looked at a horse since she left home. Treasure these days, just in case it turns out that (like my girl) horses are just a phase for her.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear your daughter needed up not a horse junkie (although she probably has a lot more money as a result!). I do know Gemma could choose a different path and that's OK. I do love her delight in them now, so I'll take what I can get:) Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  3. Cute! My daughter just turned 4 and always mixes the grain and CA Trace for our horse. It takes ten times as long, but very cute. She is actually getting a pony for Christmas, I hope this helps with a life long love of horses. Either way I now have a pony for the next 25 years. I love his personality, he is like a big dog!🐎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how exciting! A pony for Christmas!:) I'm sure your daughter will be in love!

      Delete