Wednesday, December 14, 2016
My Christmas List 2016
1. Pentax Remote Control F - I've owned a Pentax K-5 dSLR for several years. It's a great camera and I've only begun to tap its potential. I'm hoping that using a remote will allow me to capture some of those really low light photos that have been eluding me because of the vibration when I press the shutter release.
2. When Two Spines Align by Beth Baumert. I've had this book on my want-to-read list for awhile. In particular, I'd like to see how the information presented in this book matches up with what I've been learning in my Science of Motion biomechanics class.
3. Horse Gaits, Balance, and Movement by Susan Harris. Another book that has been on my list for awhile for the same reason as the last one. I'd like to get a different perspective on equine biomechanics to help me think through what I'm learning.
4. Whole Food for Horses by Tigger Montague. This book just came out last month and is written by the owner of BioStarUS, a whole food supplement company that I'm interested in. I admit to not having super high hopes for the book, because every other book on the subject has been seriously lacking in usable content that goes beyond the usual any-idiot-knows-that stuff (like feed your horse carrots and bananas and apples). But I can't not read it, just in case it has something good in it.
5. DYMO Organizer Xpress Handheld Embossing Label Maker. I've got to have one for my scrapbooking efforts. I don't know how I've lived without it for so long!
6. Tredstep Deluxe Half Chaps. I've been using these half chaps exclusively for several years. I periodically look at the new options, but none seem to be an improvement on these. I love the stretch leather panel on the back and they accommodate the extra bulk of Ariat Terrain boots with less of an issue than other half chaps (except for maybe the Ariat ones that are designed to go with the Terrains but that don't come in a good fit for me). The ones I have now are ready to fall right off my leg due to numerous holes in the stitching. I'm not sure they are the most durable product ever, but the fit is enough to justify the replacement.
Feel free to comment with the things that are on your Christmas list, just in case I missed something good!