Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pinterest for Schooling Patterns

Because of the whole land purchase thing, I've been spending waaaaayyyyyy too much time on Pinterest.  Mostly I was checking out barns, mud management, arenas, and fencing, but I stumbled across some schooling patterns that I thought looked pretty good.  The source I most commonly saw was www.TheDigitalHorse.com.  I headed over to the website to check it out, but I discovered the main purpose is to help improve dressage scores through some kind of membership plan.  There was a blog, but I wasn't able to quickly find the exercises I had seen in Pinterest.  So, I think the best way to find them is to do a search in Pinterest for "thedigitalhorse.com."  Here is a screenshot of what came up on my computer:


I also found searches like "dressage schooling" to yield similar results.  So if you're looking for a way to perk up your arena work over the winter, I highly recommend checking out Pinterest (except for, you know, don't get addicted like me, and have to charge your phone twice in one day because you've been spending so much time on it...).

Happy schooling!

2 comments:

  1. This is so timely Gail! In a week Im taking Ranger to pasture board at a place so I can ride in the indoor arna there-no more chaining up to get him off the mountain! But Ive been dwelling on the notion of what we are going to do to keep it interesting and productive? Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get some inspiration:) You can also try 101 Schooling Exercises and 101 Dressage Exercises. They come as books or apps for your phone.

      Delete