Thursday, December 24, 2015

Gemma's Christmas Eve Ride

I had originally planned to take Gemma out to the barn on Christmas to ride, but possible thunderstorms and rain made me rethink that plan.  Both my husband and I worked half-days today and my Christmas stuff was pretty much done (with the exception of what will probably be a late-night assembly tonight...), so we decided to go out to the barn all together.  (Gemma also said it would be the best Christmas present ever if only she could ride Nimo, so how was I supposed to argue with that?) 

Mike took the pictures while I worked with Gemma and Nimo.  First, we had to hose Nimo's legs off so the weight of the mud wouldn't pull him down during the ride.  Then, we had to scrub the mud off the rest of him and get him presentable for pictures.  Finally, after what seemed like ages, he was ready.  (I've been cleaning my house for the past several days and I admit that dirt removal in any form is vaguely repulsive at this point.)

Gemma got on first because she likes to ride from the barn to the arena (why walk when you can ride, is her motto).
Nimo is only walking, but I like how it looks like they are zooming!


The required pose in the arena

Then, I got on too.

Gemma insisted that we do some "jumping"
My husband decided to get creative with the camera:)
And just for comparison, this was Gemma's very first ride on Nimo in December 2013:

I love seeing how things have changed since then!
I hope all of you are settling in for a lovely holiday!:)

8 comments:

  1. Loved this! Your grin in this year's pic of you and Gemma made me smile. The reflection photo is beautiful!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Gail! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Saiph:) Merry Christmas to you and Charles!

      Delete
  2. OMG I LOVE the puddle shot. How fun this looks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy holidays, and what a lucky little girl to have opportunities to ride with her mom <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace:) Hope you had a nice holiday!

      Delete