Sunday, September 6, 2015

The blog is on Facebook...I think

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.  I do love keeping in touch with friends that I would not otherwise see because they live far away or our lives have diverged through circumstance.  However, Facebook knows more about me than I do, and I feel uncomfortable with the amount of data that the social network collects.

That said, I was recently reminded by someone (ahem, Funder) that it might be easier for some of my readers if they could see new blog posts through Facebook instead of having to make a special trip over to their internet browser to click on a bookmark.  And I have to admit that I do tend to get to blog posts that I see on FB faster than ones that I don't.  So, for those of you who are interested, the blog is now on Facebook.  You should be able to click on the Facebook Badge link at the top left of this page to access the blog on Facebook.  Simply "Like" the page, and you should be good to go to begin seeing blog posts on your Facebook newsfeed.  (If you are in a mobile app, you should be able to use this link to get to the Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/fit2continue.blogspot.)

There will be some minor content on Facebook that will not be here on the blog.  Things like random pictures, links to interesting websites/blogs/articles, and stream-of-consciousness thoughts that will likely be horse-related are examples of the extra content I expect to put on Facebook.  That said, I do not expect to post more than one thing a day, and there may be days that go by without any updates at all, so my plan is not to aggravate anyone by monopolizing their newsfeed:)

If you have any questions/comments, you can leave a comment below and I'll try to figure out what the problem is.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same aversions to Facebook as you, though I've been posting more often on my personal wall lately. Your blog FB page seems to be working! I have noticed though that just "liking" the page isn't enough for updates to pop up on a person's feed: they have to "like" several different posts over a course of a few days for updates to automatically pop up on a follower's feed. Only pointing it out because I had that issue with my own blog FB page and people asked me how to remedy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Saiph! The way FB operates is still a bit of a mystery to me:)

      Delete
    2. It really is a mystery. :) And the second you get the hang of how it works, it changes again!

      Delete