Monday, December 29, 2014

Year-end Mileage Summary

This post will be short and sweet - Nimo and I put in 740 miles this year. Those miles do include all of our work, whether it was handwalking, lungeing, dressage schooling, trail riding/conditioning rides, or competitions. The bulk of the miles were conditioning miles, though. The one thing that I want to improve on for 2015 is keeping things more consistent - I noticed that there was a lot of variety in my monthly totals, ranging from 30 to almost 120. Ideally, I'd like to put in more like  80 miles a month with maybe a little more on months leading up to an LD.

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! How do you track your longeing miles? I tried it, but the GPS didn't read the circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My GPS isn't very accurate for small circles, either, so I estimate the miles based on time and speed. After spending so much time tracking Nimo on the trail, I have a good idea of how fast his gaits are. Lungeing sessions are typically about 3 miles.

      Delete
    2. That's cool! Maybe with more practice I will be able to do that too. :D I think Chrome's gaits are a bit slower, especially when he's balky.

      Delete