Sunday, December 7, 2014

Taking a Break

I didn't go to the barn to see Nimo yesterday for the first time in over three months. It felt weird not to  see him, but I could tell it was one of those days when I really just wanted to spend time with my family.  We went in search of the perfect Christmas tree that morning and managed to find one during a break in rain showers.  And by find one, I mean that my husband had to cut it down while kneeling in the mud - I tried to get him to pretend that it was like the movie Christmas Vacation, except I was the enthusiastic Clark.  It didn't really work, but we now have a tree in the living room that I can procrastinate about decorating:)

And then it rained all day...for about the 8th time in two weeks.  I admit that cold, dreary, wet days make me want to snuggle on the couch and take a nap, especially because there have been so many of them lately!  I didn't get a nap, but I did take time to relax and it was very much needed.  And that gave me the mental break I needed, so I could forge ahead with more horse activities, long work hours, and Christmas stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs a day off!! I'm glad you got your tree and some time relaxing.

    ReplyDelete